Your privacy is critically important to us. At Ninja Cookie, we have one fundamental principles: We do not sell your information and we only share information if we need to share them to provide the service you request.
A. What This Policy Covers
- Our website (including ninja-cookie.com);
- Our browser extension (including Ninja Cookie) ;
- Our other Ninja Cookie products, services, and features that are available on or through our websites.
B. Creative Commons Sharealike License
C. Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
1. Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic information:We ask for basic information from you in order to register you as a user. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a premium license key to provide an email address.
- Communications with us (hi there!):You may also provide us with information (such as email address or name) when you communicate with us (by suggesting an idea via the browser extension, or contacting us via our website). These information we collect are only used to be able to communicate with you. When you communicate with us via form, email, phone, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications.
- Job applicant information:If you apply for a job with us — awesome! You may provide us with information like your name, contact information, resume or CV, and work authorization verification as part of the application process.
2. Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Bug report : If you report a bug from the Ninja Cookie extension, it will collect the URL of the current page, the current version of the extension, and the user-agent of your browser. This information will be sent by the extension to our team to debug and fix the issue, and only that.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Website. Please see our section « Matomo analytics ».
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional and performance. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
Ninja Cookie’s website may place cookies. For example :
- WordPress : Ninja Cookie’s website is using wordpress as a Content Management System (CMS). WordPress may place cookies in order to ensure its proper functioning. You can get more information about which cookies are used by WordPress here.
- WPML : Ninja Cookie’s website is using WPML to manage language localization. To get more informations about which cookies are using by WPML, please see here.
- Matomo : Ninja Cookie’s website is using Matomo as an analytics solution (please see below). You can get more information about which cookies are used by Matomo here.
- Stripe : Ninja Cookie’s website is using Stripe as a payment platform. Stripe will place cookies if you decide to subscribe to one of our plan. You can get more information about which cookies are used by Stripe here.
We are using Matomo analytics to analyse the behaviour of the website visitors to identify potential pitfalls; not found pages, search engine indexing issues, which contents are the most appreciated… Once the data is processed (number of visitors reaching a not found pages, viewing only one page…), Matomo is generating reports for website owners to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing some fresh content… etc.
Matomo is processing the following personal data:
Cookies, IP address, User ID, Custom Dimensions, Custom Variables, Order ID, Location of the user
Date and time, Title of the page being viewed, URL of the page being viewed, URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page, Screen resolution, Time in local timezone, Files that were clicked and downloaded, Link clicks to an outside domain, Pages generation time, Country, region, city, Main Language of the browser, User Agent of the browser,
This list can be completed with additional features such as:
Session recording, mouse events (movements, content forms and clicks), Form interactions, Media interactions, A/B Tests
The configuration of Matomo is made according to the recommendations of the CNIL (independent French administrative regulatory body whose mission is to ensure that data privacy law is applied to the collection, storage, and use of personal data). In particular :
- Cookies are not extended,
- IP address is anonymized,
- You can switch off the use of Matomo.
1. The legitimate interests
The processing of personal data with Matomo is based on legitimate interests. Processing your personal data such as cookies is helping us identify what is working and what is not on our website. For example, it helps us identify if the way we are communicating is engaging or not and how we can organize the structure of the website better. Our team is benefiting from the processing of your personal data, and they are directly acting on the website. By processing your personal data, you can profit from a website which is getting better and better.
Without the data, we would not be able to provide you the service we are currently offering to you. Your data will be used only to improve the user experience on our website and help you find the information you are looking for.
2. Recipient of the personal data
The personal data received through Matomo are only used by Ninja Cookie’s team.
3. Retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period
As our data is hosted in France, we are applying the French law which defines a retention period of no more than 13 months.
4. The existence of each of the data subject’s rights
As Matomo is processing personal data on legitimate interests, you can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: you can ask us at any time to access your personal data.
- Right to erasure: you can ask us at any time to delete all the personal data we are processing about you.
- Right to object: you can object to the tracking of your personal data by using the following opt-out feature:
Insert here the opt-out feature.
5. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you think that the way we process your personal data with Matomo analytics is infringing the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement; or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data
If you wish us to not process any personal data with Matomo, you can opt-out from it at any time. There will be no consequences at all regarding the use of our website.
6. The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences
Matomo is not doing any profiling.
F. Why We Use Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Services,
- Improve, personalize, and expand our Services,
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services,
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality,
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes,
- Send you emails,
- Find and prevent fraud.
1. Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your registration — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; and to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience.
G. Sharing or selling Information
We do not sell our users’ data. We aren’t a data broker, we don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and we don’t sell your information to other companies.
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. These are spelled out below:
- Third-party vendors:We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like Stripe, which powers Ninja Cookie Payments).
- Legal and regulatory requirements:We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about Ninja Cookie users.
- To protect rights, property, and others:We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Ninja Cookie, third parties, or the public at large.
- Aggregated or de-identified information:We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you.
- Published support requests:If you send us a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users.
H. How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it and we’re not legally required to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to Ninja Cookie’s websites, like the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for a maximum of 13 months. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Ninja Cookie’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide:You can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services — for example, premium services that carry an additional charge — may not be accessible.
- Opt out of marketing communications:Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your user registration and legal notices.
- Opt out of our internal analytics program:Please see our Analytics section.
- Close your user registration:While we’d be very sad to see you go, you can stop using Ninja Cookie if you no longer want to use our Services. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above — for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
K. Your Rights
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
1. European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
2. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
3. Contacting Us About These Rights
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data, but if you aren’t able to or you’d like to contact us, you can use the contact form directly in our website. When you contact us about one of your rights under this section, we’ll need to verify that you are the right person before we disclose or delete anything. For example, if you are a user, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your user registration. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by giving us written authorization. We may still require you to verify your identity with us.
L. How to Reach Us
M. Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
All our data are stored in France by :
2 rue Kellermann, 59100 Roubaix, France